Monday, December 24, 2012

Candy Cane Fingers and Reindeer Toes

Candy cane stripe nails are beginning to be a Christmas tradition for my fingers. I've attempted them several times, with limited success, using the tape method often touted on Pinterest. This year I went a different route and tried some nail pens and they definitely simplified things. Of course I don't think I'll ever get the stripes perfect, so I'll keep covering up the mistakes with a glitter top coat.
"...how can they see with sequins in their eyes?"



For my toes, I was using some of the traditional "ugly Christmas Sweater" patterns, like reindeer and geometric snowflakes, This time with a red base and embellishing with a white nail polish pen. I thought the actual reindeer came out really cute, but the snowflakes....er........melted. I just need to practice.
Still, they're rather festive.


Did anyone else paint their nails fancy for Christmas? Tell me about it in the comments!

Until Next Time,
~Chardonnay

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I've had gel nails for just over a week (spots & stripes) but I think i'm going to take it off and do something Christmas-y tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've heard gel nails have exceptional staying power, but haven't gotten around to trying them yet, maybe in the new year...

      Merry Christmas!

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover